Sunday, October 30, 2011

Relaxin' Sunday

Today was absolutely gorgeous! It's like, you would have never even known that we had sleet/snow last night. That's the thing with Mother Nature, I guess. What a fickle little bitch She is, ah wells. I went to have some Indian brunch with my mom this morning. It's been awhile since I've really sat down and talked with her, and even though she nags me like no other ("When are you planning to get married? What about those grandbabies? They coming or not?" Lol), I love her to death!!! We went to MINERVA, which is hands-down serves the best Indian food in this area!! I always feel like such a fatty though. I come in with my expandable pants and extra-large shirt and leave 5lbs heavier than when I started. It's all good, though. Gotta indulge here and there. Life's way too short! :)

Look at how colorful my plate is! I just luuhhhh-ooove it when all of my foods are colorful. It makes things so exciting, no? I love Butter Chicken. Hands down, that shit is seriously like CRACK. I'm sure they do put a lil' "sum'n sum'n" in that dish. *smacks lips*


A closer inspection!


Samosas! They're like fried Indian pastries stuffed with vegetables (baking potatoes, peas, and spices like tumeric and cayenne pepper). The green sauce is spicy while the brown sauce is sweet n' sorta sour. I alternated dipping my samosas with those two sauces.


And to cool it all down? Wash my throat down with MANGO Lassi! Refreshing!


Then, I headed to the mall to get my friend her birthday gifts. It's not until next week, but I know I'm a scatterbrained kinda person. I'd rather have it all done this week, so I don't have to worry about it later. It's funny because here's a fact about me: I have all sorts of "emergency" cards stuffed in the glove compartment of my car ("Happy Birthday", "Get well soon!", "Congratulations", etc) in case I ever forget any occasion that arises. Rather not look stupid and forgetful! Anyway, I am super stoked about this upcoming week. Nothin' in particular to look forward to, but just to get the week started...and have the weekend creep up! That's the one creeper I don't mind creepin' up on me. Get at me, Mr. Weekend! ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment