Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hi, lovelies!

It's fall! I love how the leaves are finally changing colors. It just feels so serene and peaceful. Summer is fun, but Fall definitely has my heart. I actually like going out more during this time of year than ever. So how's everyone been? Hopefully on the grind, hustlin' and bustlin'. Best to keep busy! I've had a wonderful, wonderful month! I definitely can't complain. Things are going well for me, I've been so busy that it used to drive me crazy...but now I actually seek solace in it. I feel bad that ppl always try to hit me up and I can't always make plans and follow through. 2011 is moving so rapidly and it is my goal to see all of my friends before the year is over! But with everyone living in different cities, it's so difficult to meet up without any of our schedules conflicting. :/

So what's new with me? Well, I'm still on the dating scene. It's been such a whirlwind! I swear, my life is like a sitcom sometimes (you wouldn't even believe the types of guys I encounter!). One of my girls and I are planning to do one of those Professionals in the City mixers where it's sort of like a speed-dating type thing where you get to chit-chat 5 minutes with everyone. I'm definitely NOT expecting to find my Prince Charming there, but I think it would be such a hilarious experience. I'd definitely do it just for shits and giggles! Has anyone ever done anything to the likes of that? I would love to hear your stories if you have, especially if it's funny! Lol

I've been going SO MUCH that I'm hardly ever home anymore, which is suuuuch a huge change in my life. I used to be such a "homebody". And in a way, I still feel as though that's in my true element. However, life is far toooo short! I'm out and about these days hitting up D.C. trying to see what it's got to offer. I only live 15-20 minutes away from D.C. and can you believe my whole entire life I haven't really ventured into D.C.? What a damn shame, I say. Well, that's all changed. I also run with a different crowd now, and they're all a bunch of party peoples soo...

Anyway, I went to PARK last night and it was poppin'! I went there on Saturday a few weeks back and that shit was so wack. It was all these disgusting little Asian and Persian midgets drunk as hell trying to grope up on you. I definitely was NOT feelin' it the last time I was there. However, this time I made sure one of the promoters got me so we were able to SKIP the long ass line and go straight in as soon as we arrived (those poor ppl who have to pay cover and stand in line. I don't get it. PARK is really strict when it comes to who they let in. You have to look a certain way, like you can't be coming in with Timbs and a baseball cap on so I don't understand ppl who wait in line for more than 2 hours hoping they'll get in...it's like, GIVE IT UP already. You're not getting in! Go to the lounge down the street or something).

But I had a GREAT TIME. I really was feelin' the crowd. I go through phases...it's kinda strange to describe but I know some girls know what I mean. I went through my white guys phase, my Asian guys phase, and now I'm just not diggin' them anymore. I like hanging with black ppl. It's not a race thing, honestly. I'm not racist whatsoever! But my friends are mostly black and I just feel more comfortable around them. *shrug* I don't see a problem, but I know I get shiftyeyesstared sometimes but whatever. Last weekend, I went on a date with one of my friend's black guy friend and I got such nasty stares in Georgetown. I was honestly shocked! What the fuck, man? It's 2011, interracial relationships shouldn't be like a scandal or taboo. Plus, I live in such a diverse area it's so hard for me to comprehend such hatred. But yeah, PARK was mostly black ppl last night. I'd say 97% lol. So I know now to go there on Friday nights. None of that techno shit for me, never going on a Saturday again! Lesson learned. Friday's where it's at =)





So in short (not really a short entry, sorrry!) I miss you guys all very much. I still keep up on Blogger when I can. I just notice that it's getting harder and harder for some ppl to consistently update their site, and I'm right witcha! I'm just going to continue to do my best and pop in as often as I can. I'm surprised I still have readers. Love you for sticking through with me *smooches* <33



 Oh, btw, if any of you are interested in reading my sister's blog. She just set up a new one! Follow her on her journey as she navigates through her exciting internship with a huge news corporation (mum's the word! But this is a HUGE network!) I'm so proud of her, I love her so much and she makes me a better person...so ch-ch-check it out: http://thedcinternist.blogspot.com/

1 comment: