Sunday, March 20, 2011

Turban Sunday





The last two pics above is of this new blogger I just found. She's a-mazing! You know how some ppl were just born with that sense of style? They don't have to think or try too hard to pull things together into an outfit---they just feel it out and bam! The outfit doesn't make them, they make the outfit. Well, that's her. Check her out at Vintage Vandalizm :)

The weather is starting to come around here in the DMV area...however, I see that it's supposed to rain the whole entire next week, save a day or two. How are April showers already here in March? :/ But to look at the silver lining to this cloud, at least we are not bound for snow anymore. Those days hopefully *crosses fingers lest some freak storm of nature involving snow precipitates in the future* are over!

I've been very into thrifting these days. My main obsessions revolve around handkerchiefs and head scarves. I found this beautiful one today when I went to the Unique Thrift Shop near Merrifield. I love that place! On Mondays, you get 25% off all items. But Wednesday is even better! 50% off everything. I usually go on the weekends, which is when it's 50% off kids' toys & electronics.

I am in love with turbans! I find myself having a lot of "bad hair days" now that my hair is growing so much longer. Back when I was in school, I would throw it up high into a messy bun. However, with so much more hair---my bun always ends up getting heavier and heavier. It would physically HURT my head at the end of the day. I get headaches and my head would be throbbing in pain. I now find that by putting a headband or a turban as part of my hairstyle, it makes things so much more comfortable and effortless!

Here's the entire view of how the turban looks:


Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know. Be sure to check out your local thrift shop! You will find countless treasures if you only took the time and harbor the patience to take your sweet time, stroll around, and give everything a look! Go in with an open mindset and you might be pleasantly surprised. And it's seriously all for a good cause. Most of the money goes into helping underprivileged families or the blind. So you can shop knowing it's all going toward a worthwhile cause! It's a win-win situation! =)

35 comments:

  1. Every time I watch DC Cupcakes, I want to eat cupcakes. You're lucky to be within driving distance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blog ! :)
    i'm going to attempt to sport the turban soon!

    love, carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turban looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comment on my blog! and you make the turban look so good! love it!

    coutureaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow nice idea for the turban~ can you do a full outfit pic? do you think you can wear your hair down or semi down with a turban?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ocute! Turbans are the go-to toppers for days when you're simply too lazy to mess with the do...Love your colorful print- perfect for spring!

    And thx for the VV link...she's a beauty and you're totally right...born with style!

    Great finds, thanks for sharing!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely turban!
    great accessory, id love to pull off that style.
    but you do it wonderfully

    The Trend Palette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your turban looks great! & I definitely have to check out that Vintage Vandalism blog, thanks for showing us her blog :)


    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiii thanks for commenting .. lovely blog
    you have here .. i love the turban look
    but i dont think i can pull it off .. the
    turban fits well with you. cya around

    xoxo

    <a href="http://www.foodfashiontravellove.blogspot.com>Food+Fashion+Travel=Love</a>

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fabulous in your turban! I wish this was a look I could pull off!



    The Honeyroom

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww wonderful post, you're so pretty ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay you totally rock the turban. I'm just scared I would look homeless but seriously you look so great in it. Teach me the turban ways!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love turban! It's really cool! I've bought one some months ago and now I'm so happy to wear it!

    Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it. There's also a giveaway on my blog util the 11 April. You can win 50 euros to spend on Asos.com.
    Let's go to see it. I'm waiting you:)

    Thank you so much!
    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the turban and eye makeup! thanks for the advice about how to get the highlighter stain out of my bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look great in the turban!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! You wear the tuban look well. I honestly wouldn't have the faintest idea on how to tie it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I want a turban now! And the girl in the last two pictures really is amazing! You look gorgeous tooooo :]
    and hahahahaha great minds paint alike! You have made my day xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great blog! you are so inspirational! :) if you get the chance could you check out my blog and tell me what you think? i would love your opinions! :)
    follow me?
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful turnban look! I really love your eye makeup hehe.

    <3
    Sandy
    My Fair Lady

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey, thanks for your lovely comment<3
    and yes, i do heard about some people inject fats on their cheek..my mom's friend did..creepy :/

    anyway, lovely pictures :D
    want to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally agree about long hair and buns...adorable turban! You make it work so well :)

    XO thefashiondyad.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. ♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. ah..turban love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and im loving yours.=)

    http://aphroditeslair9999.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for your sweet comment :)

    hehe no, i'm not vietnamese. :) but my boyfriend is one. I love cooking and i love asian things so I'm cooking such dishes many times. :)

    lovely blog!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really cool turban!!!

    My blog
    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have the same plaid shirt. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look divine in a turban! So hot! Great post! I am really loving the turban right now... Your blog is just amazing! I am now following!!! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. yay i love turbans! This looks really great xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are looking really cute in that turban headband. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all these turbans! Yours is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. i am loving the turban trend too, i think it looks so chic. i dont think i could pull it off though!

    ReplyDelete