Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gypsy woman

Current song in rotation: "Gypsy Woman" - Hilary Duff

IT'S THE WEEEEEEEEEEEKEND!!!! *punches air in excitement* Thank Buddha it's the weekend, this week has absolutely been one of the longest. For some odd reason, as soon as it starts to get warmer...I tend to get much more sleepier and lethargic at work. I actually called off work this past Thursday...the weather was so damn beautiful! In the '60's (and this is coming from the previous week where it's been so c.h.i.l.l.y). As a matter of fact, yesterday it was in the 70's!!!!! I was so confused...couldn't decide whether to bust out the booty shorts or sweet floral tube dresses...but alas, I decided to play it safe with a long-sleeve dress, knee-high socks and my Oxford's. :)

Today is W I N D Y as hell. It's so SCARY to drive over 60mph on the highway. This weather makes me so nervous to be driving. Literally, wind gusts have been clocked in at well OVER 30 miles-per-hour! I can't even walk straight, I'm stumbling and holding onto the railings as I'm walking by. This reminds me of a funny story. When I was 5, one of my favorite uncles told me to hug the trees whenever it was too windy. He scared me by telling me that I would BLOW AWAY if I wasn't careful. So, my kindergarten teacher used to come over to me at break time to ask if I was ok...she saw me all in the field by myself, holding onto a tree with my dear life. All the other kids would be out playing on the playground but I was all by my lonesome self. :/

So far, my weekend has been pretty chill. I don't expect anything otherthan that. As we grow up, I think we find peace and relaxation in doing the more mundane things. Clubbing, going out constantly, drinking, and all the other activities that used to excite me...really has no more bearing over me. I find it rather boring actually. I'm really too young to be feelin' this old...but I do, ha!


This is the look I rocked today when I went to Eden Shopping Center (it's a huge center that has countless Vietnamese deli shops, restaurants, beauty stores, etc etc). I hate going there! And from what I can recall, I think I did a post on this place once about a year ago. I just hate being here. Just image a place where all Asian ppl congregate...yeah, parking lot is a nightmare. Ppl can't drive and it's just so damn crowded! I get claustrophobic. But I was reallllly craving this one dish from "Huong Viet" Restaurant. It's called "Ga Ro-ti" (caramelized chicken). So fucking goood! I didn't take any picture, oopsie. But it's seriously to die for! So if you in the DMV area, check this place out. The service is SHIT though, I almost lost my cool beans a few times. The servers are never attentive and it's super crowded in the tiny packed restaurant. It didn't help that I can't speak Vietnamese either. So whenever I asked for a knife or an extra bowl, the server never returned with it. When J asked them in Vietnamese, they always came back with the requested item. I really need to learn how to speak Vietnamese! :/


Since it was so windy, I decided to utilize one of my scarves and turn it into a head scarf. I actually had to refer to Anneorshine on YT, since she made one of the most HELPFUL scarf tutorials. I used her "Gypsy" Look (the 2nd look in the video), and I love the result! I figured since my hair was going to get messed up anyway due to the weather, I might as well try to find a way to work with the element!

I think I got this scarf from Forever21 awhile back. Um, my hair is so freakin' wavy. I found this one hair product that Peony Lim had recommended on her blog. It's called the Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer. It's pretty legit! I leave it on my hair overnight. I don't wash it out. I just leave it on the tips of my hair (it's drier than the rest of the parts of my hair). And voila! Silky, managable hair in the morning. Be careful not to put TOOMUCH on, it can leave a greasy residue behind.

Look how long my hair is not! It's at my boob-level! Lol! This is coming from a girl who could never grow her hair past her shoulders. I've been eating so healthy for the past three months. I eat a lot of eggs, fish, meat, and drink milk pretty regularly now (even though I'm mildly lactose-intolerant). I hardly use heat on my hair anymore, and when I do...I make sure I use a good heat protectant. I try not to work AGAINST my hair texture anymore. I used to straighten my hair EVERYFLIPPIN'DAY with my iron...like, I would straighten and re-straighten the same piece of hair four times! Can you believe that? I was obsessed with *pin* straight hair. But now, I just learn to embrace my messy hair waves. *shrugs* Maybe I just wasn't meant to have the straight-hair look, lol. Oh! By the way, do you like my feather necklace? I don't know what's going on but I'm seriously loving the Bohemian look. I am FOR SURE going to channel a lot of that into my spring wardrobe =)

I'm also wearing a crochet, see-through shirt in the pic above. I wore that out today, but since it was so windy...it felt weird to be experiencing the extreme breezes beating against my poor little body. And I have on my faux sequin snake-skin lookin' leggings on!



And for my nails, I have on Revlon's "Mad about Mango"...it's beautiful! Girls AND guys have come up to compliment me on it. You know it's goodstuff when you have a guy say about your nails, hahaha.




In other news, I don't know if I ever told you guys that I got a tattoo about 2 weeks ago. I got it on my elbow. For some reason, I was being such a big baby about it during the entire ordeal. I was wincing and groaning like a little puppy. UM HELLO!!! I actually should have saved that for my first tattoo when I got that shit on my ribs. THAT would have been much more warranted. But on the elbow? That shoulda been child's play for me. The tat artist was like, "Are you serious? Like, you could take the pain for the ribs but for somethin' like the elbow..you gon cry over this?" *shakes head in shame* But anyway...I'm ITCHIN' for my next tat. I don't know *exactly* where I want to get it, though. And for this very reason, I will decide to wait it out...and prolly get it later on in the summer. I have the tendency to make very RUSHED, impulsive decisions. That's one of the downsides about me...I don't really think things thru. Ever. I just kinda do whatever I want. When I want. Lol. But looking at some of these pictures on Tattoologist site has got me yearning for more! I do know I want a bird of some kind. So far, all of my tattoos have been words or phrases. I'm looking for a detailing picture on my body now. :)


The last pic is so fuckin' sick!!!!!! I would LOVELOVE to do this one day. But knowing me, it's a bit too over-the-top for me. I don't think I could ever pull it off. It's a beautiful creation though, for sure!


*******************************************************************************
And on the final note, I just want to thank Giang for hosting such a great giveaway! I actually won! I'm normally not the type to EVER win anything. (Not even those stupid lottery $5 scratch-off's, lol). It feels great to be a winner...as opposed to a loser! :D

10 comments:

  1. THXX YOUU
    YOUR BLOG ROCKSS :-**


    hugh serah ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your story about you hugging the tree when you were little is so cute! Your hair looks really pretty wavy. I used to straighten every day too because I used to think that straight hair = manageable. Thank goodness I learned about all the magical hair potions that tame my beastly mane.. Congrats on your giveaway win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow it was super windy here, too. And I'm in The Philippines! and I just love your outfit, it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning.

    awwwwwww what a cute kid hugging the tree. The last tattos definitely bad as, I want a half sleeve (wrist to elbow) but im too chicken and im not sure what i want on it.

    Lol i think i want one for just 5-10 years lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Babe! Congrats on winning the giveaway! More nail polishes to make pretty creations :D

    Dude I hate driving when it's super windy too! Especially on the freeway. My car starts swaying w/ the gusts and I get all paranoid that my car is going to blow over or ram into the car next to me! I'm gripping my steering wheel like a mad woman and I can't relax until I'm home or just plain done driving!

    Love the scarf look! I think if I did that, it wouldn't stay on my head. LOL! Even with headbands.. the stretchy ones that go around the head. Yeah those don't like me either.

    I want to see what tats you got! Yeah getting one really does make you itch for more. The bird idea would be nice :D I really like that one behind the neck.

    Take care! Hope the good weather continues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the prettiest gypsy woman! Hehehe! LOOOVe your ring and your scarf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so beautiful :). And I like your nacklace :). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. you live next to n.e.r.d?? no way! :O im so jealous ^-^
    its so windy here too. really hate wind. makes my hair crazy :/
    love your hair colour btw!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww, sounds cute hugging trees! i hate those stories tho' and i can just imagine the whole outfit with those pictures! it looks real awesome! love the crochet top!

    http://moncheri-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS outfit!!! I love everything about it! I never had long hair until now either (prior I wore extensions) and I want to dye it but Im scared the hairdresser will make me cut it. I looooovvvveee your hair color, that is exactly what I want to dye my hair to :). Im a new follower looking forward to your next posts!

    xoxo
    theroyalblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete