Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tripped out

I've been up since 5 o' clock this morning. I twisted and writhed around in my bed. I tried to stuff a pillow over my face, to block out the impending brightness that was seeping through the chipped cracks of my windows. Nothing helped. So reluctantly, I pulled myself up and tripped over the cords in my room (stupid hair straightener and blow-dyer, lol).



I listen to this song whenever I want to zone out...you know what I mean? I find that my sleep pattern is pretty fucked up. My body lays in absolute stillness...but my mind is flying at 1,000 miles-per-hour. It's pretty stressful. That's why I listen to "zombie" music (as my friend calls it...but it's not really? I like Modest Mouse a lot, lol). I listen to it over and over and over until my brain turns into mush. I like to numb myself...I don't do drugs. I don't smoke. I don't drink (well, hardly ever). But the one thing I do indulge myself in is some good mellow music. I do whatever it takes to numb my mind. I don't want to think anymore right now. I just want to enforce my actions, not necessarily back it up behind any reasoning. Make me a robot. I don't care...

2 comments:

  1. this song is really cool! I really like the guitar acoustics. I would love to check out more of their music. i hope you'll better soon - sleep will definitely help. I think blotting paper probably made me feel grease too. but nowadays i dont feel worried that i'm running out of blotting paper when i can just blot generally with tissue around :)

    ReplyDelete