Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life's a beach...it's sandy all around me

Heyalllll! How's everybody's summer coming along? LOL. Obviously, mine has been going pretty welllll considering how neglected my blog is. But y'all already knew that about me. I pretty much come 'n go as I please. It's my blog, deal with it!! :)

Just been refreshing myself with some delish drinks...yummmay Strawberry Limade!

And eating some fresh fruits to liven up the skin!

Lol, funny story actually about the picture above. I was actually at work eating with my co-worker (who is the GOOFIEST guy alive) and I was eyeing his apple...so he asked me, "Do you want my apple? I don't want it, I'm full already." And I was just being my usual polite self, "Oh, don't worry about it. I don't want it. You keep it for later or somethin'..." ALLLLL while I was still *eyeing the apple* And he kept pestering me to just take it. So meekly, I confessed, "I don't actually know how to cut apples." And he was chuckling like he was in a seizure fit! I went to the restroom to wash my hands and came back to the sweetest surprise ever! He had actually gone to find a knive to cut those apples up for me. =]

So far, this summer I've gotten HELLA TAN (well, fake tan...but still). Went to the beach once, and about to hit up NYC again this Friday. I swear, that's the one place I've been to the most in the past few months. Not sure why that is, especially since I have anxiety attacks in crowded places---and NYC IS CROWDED AS FUCK!

OCEAN CITY, MD 2010
"Boardwalk" Sign
welcomes you to the beach!


OUT OF THE BLUE~~

Supposedly, this place sold really good crabcakes. I'm not much of a crabcake aficionado, so I couldn't give you my 2 cents. But hey, I was hot as hell & hungry---and it was good enough for me then! They had good smoothies as well. *lickslips*

Early in the morning is prime time to find a great location on the sand to settle in! See the Ferris Wheel in the background? So romantical to go on for a ride at night---as the gentle, summer breezes set in. <3

At night, we went to a place called SEACRETS-->They got palm trees there, and the ground is all sand. It's basically like you're parting out on the beach at night time. It wasn't really my kind of thing. For one thing, I don't drink alcohol. But it was nice just to see what kind of setting it was. Basically, it's like 4 or 5 bars into one little place. It's HUGGGGGEEEEEE. And crowdeeeeeed :(

The best part is that they have these seats that are partially submerged underwater in the ocean. You can swim out and just grab a drink and chill out in the water. Of course, since it was night time---it was off-limits. But in the day time, I'm guessing it's a great way to drink and "cool" your body while having a good time with the buddies.

At the beach, I got to work on my killer tan (didn't use sunblock, I'm going to hell for sure)


Moving onnnnnnnnnn....photographic evidence to prove that I am indeed ALIVE & welllll

This was a month ago. Look how tan I am! Holy shit! Lol, I overloaded on my bronzer---guilty as charged. :p But I felt like channeling some Lauren Conrad with this hairstyle.


I basically just braided my bangs into my hair and twisted/pinned it back. For that day, I DID have to flat-iron my hair to be stick "pin-straight". I don't normally do that since I hate using any type of heat on my hair. Oh well! Definitely felt like a Cali-kinda chick that day. Except I'm most definitely an East Coaster girl!

Then, I felt like making things a little more glam. So I just pulled my naturally wavy hair into a side-ponytail. And yes, I'm wearing my favorite color--woot woot! I looved the tan I had going on here. I wish I was darker~~

Euughh, don't mind the bangs. It was in the process of being too "long" to be workable bangs, and yet too "short" to actually be part of my side hair. So I just teased it a bit with my Victoria's Secret hairspray (loooooooooove that spray!!!! Smells so *schmexy*) and just worked it to the side and prayed to God that the wind didn't distort my 2-minute piece of art, lol. Like my earrings? I typically do not wear any "flashY' earrings, I have converted myself to be more of a small studded earrings girl these days. I like to stick to the pearl earrings, geeeZ....how BORING have I become these days?? Plus, I wear cardigans like no other! I'm pretty much a poor-man's version of a Stepford wife :/


This is how I look these days. Darker hair! And in other news, my eyebrows are growing back thick n' bushy! Yayyyy! I've been waiting, literally, over 2 years for this miracle to take place. I used to wax my eyebrows sooo often that they became thin, anorexic lil' caterpillars (sniff sniff, wth was I thinkin'?) So I finally decided to toss out ALL of my tweezers except for one...that way, that ought to eliminate any "itch" I ever had to mess with my 'brows.

But STILL rocking my "glitteryeyexx"'s, heheheh. I freakin' hate my lashes right now. They're so long, but not exactly voluminized like they used to be. I really regret using LATISSE. The long-term effect really outweigh the initial benefits of having long lashes *sigh* So girls, really think about it before you use this prescription drug! I wish I had really considered all of the aspects involved with using Latisse. >:[

Oh yeah, has any of y'all heard about eBates?? I AM HOOOOOOOOOKED on this site. You girls MUST SIGN UP FOR THIS!!! You basically create your own account, and any time you shop anywhere on-line, LOG ONTO your eBates account FIRST!! Find your shopping site's link and engage in your transaction thru eBates. You get a certain percentage back on your purchases. Each store has their own established percentage-back rate, and it changes often...so check back to see. Right now, Sephora has a 4% cashback rate every time you make a purchase thru eBates. I remember, at one point it was 7% or more! So now, there's no more GUILT in shopping. You'll be making back a little bit on each purchase transaction. So ch-ch-check it out, beauties =)

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=wFSBNv%2FZfPc2PwONMAMEeQ%3D%3D

Click on the above link to create your very own eBates account! And be on your way to making money back from your "retail therapy". Can't get no betta than that!! Let me know how much you end up getting back. So far, I've made $50 just by doing the things I have already been doing, just by shopping :)

Hope everyone's summer is going grrrrr8! (That was so lame, I know, lol.)

27 comments:

  1. Gah you're so pretty! I have yet to make an ebates account. I guess I must. I've been hearing good things about it Glad to hear that summer is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo pretty! Your hair is such a gorgeous color and your skin is just perfect! Wow your lashes are crazy long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have such big eyes! Totally jealous.
    I looove love love your eyeshadow too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaw... what a sweet coworker you have :)

    That hair looks so soft and manageable. Perfect summer beach hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hi :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. About AnimeUSA, I have never attended this event before. The tickets are cheaper than Otakon though. If you are going to dress up, start looking now. If not, then just get the tickets and enjoy! They should have a section of the show to buy stuff. Bring cash if you want to get some deals and shop on the last day.

    Let me know if you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl! that lemonade looks like what i need right about now! as for the eyeliner tutorial..really?? haha i'm so bad at doing makeup, that doing a cat eye is the only thing I'm capable of! :|
    I use MAC's fluid line religiously...it never smudges and stays on really well!
    xoxo
    V

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY YOU UPDATED!! I was actually afraid you had finally decided to just quit blogging all together like you mentioned you wanted to do before. I know you come and go as you please, but.. I donno. I thought maybe, just maybe you stopped completely :[
    Glad to see you are enjoying your summer!!! Good thing you put that warning to us ladies about Latisse.. I think a lot of us don't think about the long term side effects.. Do we REALLY want long lashes forever? They can get annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Love the glitteryeyes!
    To RE: to your comment.. I'm 5'6 without heels. And with the ones I was wearing I was around 5'10. I wish I was taller without! lol I always wanted to be 5'8.

    The weather in our area is killer! In such an odd way -_- drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey :) thanks for the comments on my blog post, as for hair, i use shiseido's white tsubaki line for shampoo/conditioner/treatment :) also after i shower i spray it with chi keratin mist. i suggest just getting regular trims and maintaining it, good luck with the length growth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you sweetie for your kind comment on my post :) my hair actually looks dull and dry in person lol i think it's just my camera that's making it look healthy and shiny haha and honestly i barely use heat protectant. lol but i do use pantene ice shine shamppo & conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG i love your hairrrr and those sandals are so adorable! the pureology i think u can buy on their main site? just not on ebay!!! ebay is shady sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post!
    Really love your images also, so much inspiration.
    Will be back for more, your posts are so cool i even
    went back to look at your older ones.

    Hope you can check out mine, i think you'd like it :)

    http://stoleninspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all let me say those sandals are the bizznezz!!! super cute!! and 2nd of all tell me why you look like a hot asian version of Lauren conrad with the hair, the style and the makeup lol..you guys look alot alike..GORGEOUS darling!..p.s lmao at your comment on my blog!!..girl you are so crazy and yeah i could not agree with you more this bitch is on point in every possible way!!! Her flow is crazy..her makeup is always on point..her hurr is always dope and her body is sick!!! I mean seriosuly thats alot of ass lol...and I am half puerto rican lol..so you got have it right..the other half is Salvadorean :) good eye chica!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey babe! DANNG check out ur eyes, love it! Thanks for the compliments. The primer is friggin awesome!! I can't live without it or ill seriously start to hyperventilate or something lol.

    Looks like ur having an awesome summer.

    xoxo, P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see that you are back blogging ^_^ Your post are really encouraging. Anyway, you went to Ocean City, mmmmm I can't stand that place to much partying, but glad to see you got some crabs, yumms.

    I like the drink above, it reminded me of something I had in smoothie form last week.

    Buy again glad to see that you have come back to blogging. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey
    really like the way you have done your hair, wish my hair was long enough to do something pretty too
    and love your eye make up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are gorgeous, dear! Might be odd but I love the way your eyebrows are growing out haha. Do you bleach them? I keep worrying if I lighten my hair that my brows won't be able to keep up haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to have ya back. ^_^. I been like that too. I was going through a transition and well, just didn't feel like blogging.

    But yess girl I still rock my stunnas, well you can say aviators and wayfeyers. But I do. Well basically I start school the week after this and well my summer is basically about chilling. I recently just got rebaptised to dedicated my self to Jesus again.
    ^_^

    But yeah I have a facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/oxkatiemariexo?ref=ts#!/profile.php?id=100001142347674

    but hit me on there and I will share more in detail about how my life is going. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are looking GREAT! Your hair is soo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. looking great babe! loving the gliterryeyexx eotd! you always know how to bring on the sparkles! :)

    im so glad you're enjoying your summer! and uh, what does schmexy mean? hahaha! :P your fancy earrings are fab! adds that oomph to your look! :)

    ps. i like wearing cardigans too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg love your LC hair! I think you look great with it. and yumm crab cakes :D there's nothing wrong loading up on bronzer, I'm guity too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh and totally agree with you on the chanel comment, come and think of it my bedroom + living room furniture all together is less than $4000!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yo do look like LC in that pic! Check out my blog. I have an entry called "Celebrity Twins" you might like!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your hair looks great blonde. your stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your makeup and your hair :] xx

    ReplyDelete