Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm gonna need you to say somethin' baby, say somethin' baby



Damn, I'm hardcore FEELIN' that Drake song "Say Something". I'm not a big fan of Drake actually. I never got his appeal to younger females?? But this song, I'm feelin':

"How can something so familiar be so strange?
Closest friends get estranged when the status change,
Ahh, is it my mistake to think that where I am and where you at..."

So I had to go into work today to make up the hours from the snow days (was off for 2 days). I'm so fucking pissed though! Everyone else who took more time off than me just decided to put in for PTO (Paid Time Off). I think I'm just too much of a workaholic! I had 4 ppl hit me up on my cell today to try and hang out, but I always say "No". I feel like I'm that ONE friend you have that's always MIA and every time you try to make the effort to make plans with, they always disappoint by either flaking or just ignoring you. How has it come down to that? I just feel like such a homebody these days. Going out clubbing is no longer appealing to me. Maybe going to lounges is alrighty, but I can't stand being stuck inside the uncomfortable confines of a sweat-infested, chicken-head popping, cheap-cologne wearin' scrubs tryna to FEEL all up on you! *shudder* But yeah, I'm still surprised ppl try to entice me to go out these days!

So yeah, right after work I headed out to Tyson's Mall. OMFG. There was soooooo MUCH FUCKING TRAFFIC. Like, 495 was a parking lot---bumper to bumper, all red brake lights on full force---So we took the inside way on Gallows.


But even once we got to the mall, parking was suuuuuuuuch a BITCH. Bf ended up getting into a fight in the parking lot. Fucking foreign idiots can't fuckin' drive for shit. It's like, hel-loooo! This is America where there actually RULES on the road you have to obey. But I didn't hit up that many stores. Just went to the essential stores---F21 (nothing good, and too many girls elbowing each other for a raggedy piece of clothing), Sephora (had to return something, those SA's there LOOOOOVE me! The gay guy remembered me from last time and winked at me), and fiiiinallly URBAN OUTFITTERS! It's my newfound love! Even though the prices there are ridiculously, ridiculously JACKED UP!!! Here are some of the things I tried on:

The first thing I tried on was this cream-colored dress with golden metal stud detailing on the shoulders. It looked really sophisticated and elegant, which is what first drew me to it when I saw it on the hanger. It looks reallly good with some hoisery underneath. Cute, simple, chic! It's called the "Silence & Noise Beaded Epaulet Dress" $68 and here's how it looks on the model:
And the gold metal studs on the shoulder look much better in real life. It's a lot darker in real life (both the dress itself and the studs) than in the pic below:

Next up, I tried on a beautiful rich, deep royal blue dress! I loooooove BLUE!!! If you know me, you know that's MY COLOR. I hope no one gets too psychologically analytical and tries to decipher that as me being a depressed person, hahahaha. I just love anything blue! The belt that I am wearing here costs $24 and it's really a great staple to have in my closet. I have a very teeny-tiny waist and it's hard to find a "cincher" belt that fits snugly at my waist. Most belts hang too loose and actually just lay at my hips instead (which is how I never wear my belt!) The dress below is called the "Silence & Noise Ruffle Front Silk Dress" $$58. The silk feels sooo smooth and comfortably on my skin.

I can just see myself wearing this on a late crisp, summer evening with the gentle breezes flowing ever-so-gently into my dress. =]

And here is how it looks like if I don't wear a belt at all with it. It's actually fine to wear the dress just by itself, with no belt at all! It has an elastic band at the waist so it does not hang loose and make you look frumpy/pregnant at all.

(Hehehe, in the picture above...you can kinda see my dimple. ^_~ )

And this is how the dress looks like on the UO website. It actually comes in Magenta and Black color, as well:


The next (and last) dress that I tried on was a floral tube-dress! Perfect for the spring time, which I am soooooo READY for! >_<
Here it is, with that same belt that I wore with the last dress. The dress is different. I'm getting the idea by now that this season is going to be ALL ABOUT FLORAL PRINTS & LACE. Anybody else think that? Well, anyway it's called the "Urban Renewal Floral Chiffon Front Silk Dress"$58. How it looks on the model:


So yesssss! If any of you guys live near an Urban Outfitters, I suggest you run to your local store to check it out! They're currently having a big sale, so I think it's definitely worth your while. I go the bf a nice shirt as well. It's a sheer (not sheer-sheer, but the material is thin and it looks like one of those shirts you wear if you were to go on a yacht or cruise ship), long-sleeved shirt that you can fold up at the elbows to wear casually, but still formal-looking...if that made any sense? We're planning on going on a CRUISE TRIP in the month of May for my birthday celebration and I'm getting clothing for him to pack for that trip. As for the trip, I'm soooo excited!!!


Oh yeah, I went out and bought the new MAC Viva Glam Lady Gaga Lipstick yesterday night. It looks like a cutesy, Barbie-bubblegum pink lip color. I love those types of colors! I can't wait anything but pinks and nudes with my skin tone. If I wear red/burgundy/mauve-y colors, I look so washed out and "dead". I haven't had the chance to wear it yet, since I have a tiny cold sore on my lip (ewww, I know! I get it when I'm stressed or eat too much bad/oily foods. In this case, I was just eating my Chinese food at work when it popped up! FML, FML, FML.) But so far, just by swatching it on my hands...I'd say this is a keeper for sure! I'm not feeling the Lauper lipstick one. It's too coral/red in my opinion, and I know that I wouldn't be able to pull it off! :[


Ok, so I'm just eating some sushi I got as "carry-out" from the mall for dinner and just watching "WEDDING CRASHERS by myself....bf dropped me off home because tomorrow is the Asian New Year and he has to be home early.

Oh, and you know that "find the 10th picture in your picture folder and post" tag that was going on awhile ago. I decided to tag myself and do it...hahahahhhahahahha, OMFG. Look what I found. This was when I was 18, and so intent on getting bronzed-tan and "beach hair" look. I'm standing next to my best friend at the time (we hardly talk anymore, shame shame. She was really fun and cool!) Here I am, trying to "stoop" to her level. I'm almost 5'6 and she's only 5'2. Even stooping as far low as my back would allow, I'm still taller than her *LOL* She's soo cute though!!! I miss those ol' days when we used to be dumb and do stupid, yet silly things. *sigh* I'm getting nostalgic.............


But, look how tanned I was! I used to go to a tanning place that I had membership at (HOLLYWOOD Tans>> $100 for 10 tans!), but I would burn/peel really, really badly. Like, I used to peel my skin off while I was bored working at Best Buy *my 1st job ever*. It was nasty, yet entertaining to do when the place was empty with no customers around, hahahha. Well, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! I seriously am so glad that I have made so many beautiful and kind blogger friends here. I was just thinking that today, this blogspot.com place has seriously allowed me to "see" so many things (loook at pics of so many neat places in the world/read and witness such different and diverse opinions and personalities) and I never ever even had to travel outside the country! =))

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO all my Asian blogger friends in reference to tomorrow...or if the time difference is earlier than where I am right now, HAPPY NEW YEAR right now! *blows fanfare and confetti falls*


It's the Year of the Tiger! MY YEAR!


Have you heard about this or not? My mom says that if it's YOUR year....then you must exercise extra caution because your year is cursed??? I'm a bit nervous but at the same time, I come from a scientific background and try not to get caught up in superstitions. I'm just curious, though. Can anybody verify this??





18 comments:

  1. omg! ALL of the dresses look lovely on you! but my fave would hafta be the cream colored dress with the studded shoulders! it looks better on you than on the model. lol....

    snow days are only cool at first until you have to make it up and traffic bumper to bumper really is the worse. it makes myself all tired and in a bad mood...boo to traffic and bad drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you too!

    I love those dresses! Did you end up buying any of them? I especially love that blue one on you! You rock it so well :D

    Ugh, 495 is the devil. I'll never understand how a 4 lane highway gets so congested for 3 hours at a time. It can make a 15 minute drive into 2 hours, especially now that everyone's freeing themselves from snow.

    Stay warm! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl... im a workaholic too and my friends and i never have time for eachother... its lame!

    but the outfits are so so so cute! i love the white dress with the metal thingies hehe so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Asian New Year to you too -- my lil sister is a Tiger and I had no idea either that it was supposed to be a *bad* year for the person born that year!!!

    Anyway, I totally know what you mean when it comes to Urban Outfitters!!!! I loooove their clothes (especially the "Kimchi blue" line, super soft!) BUT it's super unreasonably priced for what it's worth. I usually pop in when things are on super sale! :D

    I made the mistake of trying to go to the mall today too...maybe it's V-day weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're way gorgeous!
    love all the dresses, the blue one if my fav :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great in all the dress! Happy Chinese New Year too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are the cutest thing! like a polly pocket.. I wanna keep you :) lol...my wrist are ok ;)(thanks 4 asking) but the emotional scar is still there!! lol
    p.s PDA is obnoxious!!!! really I dont need to hear you making a baby during dinner!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks girlie! i hope u have a good valentine and new years! i know i shouldnt let them get to me but ohhhh they doooo hahah ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I do standout, plus because I'm 6'1 1/2 lol.

    Oh by the way I like that song by drake and timbaland. It came last year around november
    and I was like this is hard. Especially the verse where he was like: I guess things changes, funny how someone else success brings pain, when you no longer involve and you just stuck standing there.

    Best verse to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl! Thanks for the comment! Hehe ur so nice! :) ohhh cute dresses! U totally rocked it better than the models. Don't u hate when the models wear them weird and ur hesitant to buy them? Then u try it on and are just wowed by how awesome they look? Lol
    Oh about your chinese year being totally bad luck, I can vouche for that! 2 years ago..it was my year-the rat. Worst year ever!! I coulsnt figure it out..then someone told me about the chinese new year thing and it made sense. I hope urs isn't as bad tho. I cried almost 1-2x a month :(

    Xoxoxo

    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happpy New Yearss!!!! I am starting to love floral dresses =/ All the dresses you tried on arrreee really nice! I hopeee everything goes well for you this year! Loving the blog!

    <3 Cindyy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the dresses on you but especially the cream one!

    My mom told me the same thing too...I was born in the year of the Tiger and mom called up to tell me that this year is not going to be such a good year for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the first dress you tried on, looks pretty on you!

    I was wearing no brand falsies I got from eBay. It's like $3 for 10 pairs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG you are SO tall!!! I'm jealous!!! Do they make you girls taller in America or what??!! xD
    I also ended up getting the Lady Gaga viva glam, but I am scared to wear it cos it's such a loud colour hahaha T.T
    I also heard the "exercise more caution in your year" thing before, but nothing happened to me and I'm the world's biggest clutz. A friend of mine totaled 2 cars when it was his year tho, so I guess it's a "if you believe it, it'll happen" kinda thing *shrugs*.
    Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey hun!
    this has got to be one of the most interesting post from ya i love it!

    i loveeee drake and his voice but his looks i am not interested haha.

    those UO dresses look ADORABLE on you, i saw this post a few days a go and i went ahead & checked them out in person super cute, thanks for the heads up! I didn't buy yet...which ones did you end up getting? i, too got the gaga lippie and im so in love with it as well! yay us!!

    BTW, when i get desperate for sushi i buy those prepackaged ones at the grochery store too but they are not as good as the ones at the restaurant booo.

    Anyways babe, i'm loving what you're doing with your blog. keep it up!!

    Love,
    Sylvia

    p.s. i linked you!! you deserve a spot on my feenin list ah ha!

    ReplyDelete