Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another lazy Sunday! What a fun day!


Just for the record, I want to put it out there that in my NEXT lifetime I hope to come back as a Brazilian bizzatch. Hey, ain't nuthin' wrong with that picture, hahhaha.



So after been cooped up in the house for the past 2 days due to the snow, I'm finally OUT and about today! Yay! :)

We didn't go anywhere too cool though, just headed up to Wal-Mart. I've been seeing some beauty bloggers rave about the Hard Candy line that's now carried at Wal-Mart, so I definitely had to check it out! But the eyeshadow that I wanted was the "Rush Hour" one, and it was all sold out. :( Of course! That's the one everyone was raving about, hahaha, just my luck, right?


So I decided to get just a few things out of the line...nothing actually caught my attention too much. And you know, I know it doesn't make it right, but just the fact that it's carried at Wal-Mart made me question the quality of the cosmetics. Maybe I've been shopping at Sephora for far too long that I've become a make-up snob?? Aw geezZz!!! *smh*

I got the Hard Candy Blush Crush in Bombshell (it got really great reviews on makeupalley.com).




The 2nd thing I got from the Hard Candy cosmetics line was the All-Over Highlighter in the
Brown Palette. I heard that it's great for a highlighter, albeit all the colors are so closely similar. But hey--it gets the work done!! *grins*



I've never been too good with contouring! But this diagram is supposed to make it easier for me to pin-point exactly where to put the dark and light colors to "contour" my face. Hmm, hope it helps you out, too!
Anyway...I've been DYING FOR A BLUE MASCARA for the longest time! And after some research, I realized that in order to get the colored aspect...I was going to have to give up the quality of the mascara's performance. None of the colored mascaras on makeupalley.com seemed to receive very good reviews. However, with that being said, I did read that the Hard Candy Lengthening Mascara in Peacock (it is a bright blue hue) did get somewhat fine reviews. So when I saw that it was the VERY LAST one of its kind in stock, I snatched that bad baby up!! After seeing "Rush Hour" being sold out, I was not about to let this mascara be one of my regret in not having snatched it up. I'm still iffy about the whole mascara, and will have to test it out for sure!


But see how cute the packaging is?? Hard Candy truly reminds me of Urban Decay's packaging style. Honestly, none of the products are over $10! Although it can seem a bit pricy for a low-end retailer like Wal-Mart, it's soooo worth it! Hard Candy used to be so expensive back when I was only in middle-school, so I never got the chance to purchase any of the items! And now that I'm older, it's kinda bittersweet for me to be able to experience the feeling of owning any Hard Candy products. (Bittersweet in the sense that I'm sure while it is more affordable to buy from them, I'm stillllllllll wondering if the quality has diminished in order to compensate for it's inexpensive status). So yeah, definitely worth it your while to check out:---> http://hardcandy.com/

I also bought a lipstick from Rimmel. This is going to be my 3rd lipstick that I ever gotten from them. For the most part, I'd say I'm a fan of Rimmel lipsticks! The texture is quite creamy (although it's always good to moisturize your lips beforehand) and pigmented. The scent isn't that unpleasant, it's slightly vanilla to the taste.


Whoops, I just realized that I was holding this upside-down! It's supposed to actually read "006 Pink Blush". My bad! :X
Such a pretty shade of pink, ehh? I LOVE
PINK LIPSTICKS! A girl can seriously never ever have enough!
Here's how it looks like outside in the natural sun lighting! (Yay! We actually had the sun come out today!)
And here it is swatched on my arm. EWwww, I seriously need a fucking tan. This wintry weather has still got me feelin' the blues. I am pondering whether I have seasonal depression? On a side note, I have a confession about myself. I'm so self-conscious about my hands. The other day I was at work and had to put on latex laboratory gloves, and I noticed! You can see the skeleton bones right through my gloves. It almost looked like I was staring at an x-ray of my hands, I could see the tendons and all! *shudder* I showed my other co-workers and they were sickened at the sight.
I mean, look at this CRAZY ASS THING I can do with my hands. I'm super, super double-jointed! I used to do this in front of my little brother when I was younger and he would cry every single time. *evil grin* I'm sucha cool older sister, huh??
Ooo! Oooo! Look at my earrings I wore today!! It's so multi-colored!! I felt like being a little fruity today, hehehe.

I have a major cold right now because that stupid dumb bitch from one of my older entries (you know? The lazy one that was trying to talk shit about me behind my back. Well, she got me infected with her sick germs!) Anyway, this was me being sickly tired & bored as shit while waiting for the bf while he went inside to the Asian Grocery Mart to get us some food for dinner! We're making that thing where you eat with the meat and veggies wrapped up in that thin rice paper?? I'm not sure what the heck you call it!! You can dip it in either fish sauce or that brown stinky sauce (y'all know what I'm talkin' about, lol).
I can't get myself into those Asian marts! It's so stinky and cramped inside! I'd much rather go into those HUGE supermarkets like H-Mart. It's much brighter and more spacious, so I don't have to feel claustrophobic. But loooooky what he got for me! It's my favorite!! I can't even eat American beef jerky, it just doesn't have that spicy kick to it the way that Vietnamese beef jerky does. These are so good! I can eat up to 2 big bags in one sitting (*oink oink*)
Ain't that so sweeeeet of him?? Lol, I got him whipped!!




He wouldn't let me take a good pic of him. Awww, ohh wells. Maybe next time! He just went to get his haircut a few days ago. That's actually the reason why we went to Wal-Mart to begin with (well, actually I wanted to go to get some of the
Miley Cyrus clothes that she recently paired up with BCBG Max Azria for her clothing line.

I got soooo many cute shirts and leggings for $3 each!!! Hit up your local Wal-Mart ASAP!! I know you're thinking, ugghhh, Miley...that skanky Hannah Montanna hoochie. But her clothes are pretty cute and comfy!!)
Look at my jeans! It's so wrinkly...lol, I think that's the style! I got my scarf in NYC! I want to go back to NYC Chinatown sooooo bad! I love eating dim sum and just trying to bargain with those old lady Chinese street vendors. :)
This stupid GPS system in his Lexus is so freakin' annoying! Every time we're trying to punch in an address or something, it won't let us until the car comes to a complete and full stop. It stinks because most of the time, we're trying to find restaurants in DC that we wanna try out but the dumbass car won't let us if we're driving. I'm like, hel-loooooo???? I'm the passenger so I could fidget with the GPS system while he's driving but noooope, dumb ol' thing!!

AnyHOW, I'm reaaaady for the Spring Gods to bless me with some good
sunshine & good breezes.
Oh, and if you haven't already...HIT ME UP ON MY FORMSPRING.

I have the Formspring box to the left side of my blog near my "Followers" button. Ask me any question! I promise I won't bite :P

48 comments:

  1. blue mascara is so cool...actually colorful mascaras are soooo cool!! i can never pull them off though because i end up looking really weird. hhaha and yay for being double jointed! haha i always freak my frds out with my 'weird' fingers lol.

    & thanks for your comment..i didn't know miley has a tat under her boob. she's so (fill in the blank)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I could do that with my fingers too :p did you play the piano when you were little? mostly people who played the piano can do that :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your beauty buys! The pink lipstick looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i didnt even know walmart carried hard candy i remember them back in the day too but just the nail polishes (i would literally drool over the pretty colors and cute rings lol). Nice swatches especially the lippy u look so good in pink!

    <33 Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! thats soo cool how you can do that with your fingers (: anyway, i haven't tried hard candy maybe I will. I honestly never bought clothes from Wal-Mart before maybe I should try out the leggings. I'm loving the color of the mascara! Seems like intense blue hehe =] blue mascara reminds me of my mom when i was younger she would always put on blue mascara and i'd think it was the coolest thing ever! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you review the Hard Candy Blush in Bombshell, as well as, swatch it... hehe~ I've been curious about the blushes at Walmart. By the way what colors are Rush Hour? Out of curiosity, I want to know... hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Brazillian girls are so pretty! Like Gisele and Adriana!

    I love the colour of the lip stick on you!

    I have never seen Hard Candy in AussieLand before...but the colours look pretty good in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking pretty hun!
    Adriana Lima is so hot.
    i have that rimmel lippie too! although i find the taste/smell a bit weird.

    i really wanna try some hard candy stuff, is it pretty good?

    also, yeah, i just don't really wanna hurt him and i think it's just a phase anyway, he'll probably be over it by the next time i see him, i hope haha!

    i love forever 21!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wouldn't mind coming back as a brazillian girl either! haha :P

    i actually have found a few gems in the miley collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i never tried blue mascaras, I bought one for a friend before :D anyway Im not a big user of mascara :p
    aww legging for only $3 thats so cheappp, I wish we have wal mart down here -.- well, should be glad that cotsco finally opened their store here...but im yet to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo i want bombshell now!
    is it worth the scary trip back? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I left you a comment for this post, but accidentally wrote it on the post be4 this... im retarded lol. so check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cam on hunny!! lookin cute, I love A lima I want her so badly LOL well, I love the color of ur lipstick! <3 Pinkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my blog girl!
    I'm loving your blog. I'm following :)

    I lOVE asian beef jerky. I cant eat the amercan stuff either. It hurts my jaw.
    HAH I always wanted to be double jointed, so I could show them off at parties...LOL im a dork!
    Hope you feel better soon.
    XO,
    Jess Mai

    maiphilosophy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just like you - I remember when Hard Candy was pricey when I was in highschool. I bought a lipgloss from them at the time and thought it was too gunky though :\ Too bad Walmarts in Canada aren't carrying Hard Candy (well, not that I've seen!).
    Your Rimmel lipstick is such a pretty pink :)
    And I use to wear blue mascara for some time in highschool. I thought it looked good at the time and I'm curious to see how the Hard Candy one turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love pink lipsticks too!!! the color you picked is really nice. I have been reading about Rimmel so I think i'm going to check it out when I get a chance. Oh ya.... I could do that thingy on my fingers too. Im also double jointed lol..... I can't wait for the spring and summer!!! woot.... i hate winter and cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  17. adriana is hot hot hot ! love that lipstick colour too

    xx lue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey girl! thanks for the comment ;].. I'm going to try to get that nail polish to look good in less coats! MUST! hehe

    BTW I bought that Rimmel lipstick too but I haven't worn it yet but I've been in a pink lipstick craze too!

    Let me know if you like that Hard Candy blush, I've been wanting to try it but I don't feel like spending the $$ until I know if it's worth it.. hehe :]

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was totally laughing when I saw your hand picture! I can do that too! HA HA HA!

    I have been eying Rimmel lipsticks for awhile now. I was thisclose togetting Crush, but got Maybelline's Pink Please and Revlon's Nude Attitude instead. Nude Attitude is nice, but much to close to my Myth! Pink Please combined with Nude Attitude looks nice though!

    Cute scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all, that double jointed pic totally freaked me out!! LOL! It's so cool though. I'm as singled jointed as you get. ;P

    Anyway, I got the smoked turkey legs at my local Super Walmart for $3 each! It's a lot better than the $8 ones they sell at the fairs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for commenting! cute blog :)
    and the makeup you got looks really awesome,especially the contouring cream from hard candy!
    Also the green pea chips are not spicy at all...its a hard flavor to explain..it's more of a sweet and very slightly salty taste? Haha try it, it's so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have pink blush, I think?! o_O but it looks kinda purply in pictures on me for some reason! But overall, a very pretty color ^_^

    For the smoky lash, try wiping off the excess. I actually like how it brings out too much. I usually go brush it on one eye then go do the other eye real quick and then go back to the other one xD Less double dipping and less product wasted right?!?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. girl i know, online shopping is sooooo fun yet addicting!! plus i love getting the packages ;) im not sure if im going to pick up all the items from the collection but it IS very tempting....

    and i LOVE dimsum! love the lippie as well! looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your earrings! I'm going to get that Rimmel lipstick...that color looks great. I wouldn't mind waking up Brazilian. It's like they just come out hot by default.

    Basanta is my middle name which is just my mom's maiden name :).

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg im double jointed too! >.< anyways I tagged you on one of my posts check it out! and have a wonderful day -jhoy

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow i love your make up!
    and the pink lipstick looks so sweet! <3
    wow its snowing where you are?? it never snows in Sydney haha :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Threading doesn't hurt! I find it relaxing :) You should give it a try at least once :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey girl~ you make me wanna drive an hour to my nearest Wal-mart. lol Yeah there are NO walmarts in NYC!!! Oh btw those Claires earrings are super light, they weigh nothing, so you can definitely wear them!! And thank you for your swt comment about my hands lol, I think they only look nice when I have fake nails on haha.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Envy envy envy your skin, you're such a hottie (with brains to boot!)! :) Oh and I'm totally with you on the Wal-Mart Bandwagon...LOVE the hard candy line there & I already have 2 Miley Cyrus shirts with all the ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wahh i luv your posttt~~ so random so much things hehe!
    me likie your FOTD~ well defined hugee eyes!
    haha stinky asian market kakaka i too dunno why hygiene so poor =.=

    no hard-candy where i come from ..no wal-mart :(

    you better not be dying before checking out HK LOL its lively & vibrant place and soo many drugstore to checkout: SASA,Watsons,Bonjour,Mannnings

    you need to haul for japanese makeup cuz its really much cheaper than what they offer to STATES JillStuart,Esprique, RMK and dun miss out the FOOD GALORE~~

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahahhh ooh my eyebrows...it's hard to keep them tidy :S ...so I'm happy that the Brook Shield's look is starting to make a comeback--or not eyebrows at all! lol

    Oooh thanks for posting the contouring photo! I always wonder where I should contour too so this is so useful :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. ah thanks for the movie rec darl! :)
    hehe yup *hi5* ah my mum is super excited for tet! and i am too, well not really but li xi! hehe :)
    i always get people thinking i'm anything but viet! so weird! :p
    are u doing anything for tet dear?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great goodies and pretty pictures ;) Thanks for the comment, I got those shades a long time ago.. I think from Aldo?

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's it. I'm hitting up Wal Mart tomorrow. NEED that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute lipstick and blush! I'm so into that sweet, girly pink look lately. Rimmel actually makes pretty good products for the price! I'm also a Sephora snob too.. in fact I just spent $60 on this huge tub of a facial mask and thought to myself "what a good deal" haha

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I live in San Francisco and we don't have any Walmarts here :[ All we have are Target and they are ALWAYS out of makeup. The closest Walmart is about 45 minutes away and when I went there was NO Maybelline or Rimmel left. I did see the Hardy Candy you mentioned and I remembered that they used to sell it at Nordstrom soooooo many years ago! I used to play with their glittery eyeshadows. How is the quality of it now? Is it pretty pigmented/long lasting? I've been meaning to pick up some Bonne Bell glimmer bronzer.

    Secondly, I can do that freaky hand thing you do too! I should take a pic of it and post it up for you, ahhahaa.

    Lastly, thanks for subbing my blog!!! I look forward to reading yours seeing as how you have plenty of pics :]

    ReplyDelete
  37. There are some thin if the legitimate work as a line there. Most are sites and marketing study for the site owner rich, not you. The only thing is true legitimacy Ebay, selling things you already own
    www.onlineuniversalwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. thanks for the comment dearie. :)

    u shld head over to taiwan one day. it is super fun and everything there is real cheap! :P

    i remember the 1st hard candy item that i got was a nail polish when i was 12yrs old. was so in love with it that i brought it with me everywhere! lol!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. Yeah, be it bulimic or pregnant, it's never a walk in the park when you come across rude people.

    ReplyDelete
  40. looking gorgeous! the earrings are so cute, and omg i love vietnamese beef jerky! and guess what im going to vietnam this summer so i'll have a LOT! hahaa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adriana is sooo hot!!

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    CHECK OUT THE GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!
    ----------------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the Hard Candy blush in Bombshell! It works great as a bronzer too.

    I love Kho Bo (Vietnamese jerky) too!! That stuff is so addictive!! I try not to eat too much of it because it can lock up your jaw!! Lol....

    Cute blog my dear! Thanks for following me! I just returned the favor!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I LOVE Adrianna Lima. She is so freakin hot. If I come back, I'd want to be a Brazilian bombshell too. Maybe we can join forces and take over the world. :) Thanks for sharing the contouring diagram too! I should try that out. Maybe I'll look like I have more defined features!!

    Happy Weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hey Girly! Thanks so much for following my blog! I wanted to peek in and say hi! I def agree with the Brazilians ... so gorgeous! And I hit up the Miley Cyrus racks at Wal-Mart, too. Ain't no shame! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I just wanted to know what kind of eyeliner do you use to get that thick look for your eyes?
    [sorry if the wording is like totally off].

    ReplyDelete