Friday, March 27, 2009

It's been awhile...it's just being so stressful with school and work. I know, I know. Everyone is in the same damn boat as I am! But that's the honest truth. I have an internship interview coming up, which I'm trying to prepare for! So nervous! It would be for either the Microbiology Lab Intern or the Biochemistry Lab Intern position. I hope I do get it! It would definitely beef up my resume for all future intent and purposes. :-)

Something about it just being me and my own microscope identifying what types of organisms from the samples sent to the department makes me giddy inside! Lol, ultimate nerd here!


But other than that, I'm just trying to stay afloat. Graduation is coming up soon! Omg, I got my cap and gown, for some reason I was afraid that it would be too short on me. When you buy it, the size is not S/M/L/XL, etc. Instead, the cap size is based upon your height. Like, for me I bought the 5'3 to 5'5 since I'm 5'5. I wasn't sure whether to go the next size up, because the lady recommended that if I wear high heels then, it might fall too short on me. When I wear heels, I stand at 5'8! But I'm glad I just stuck with the original size, I rather have some leg exposure! Lol!

I've been buying a lot of stuff online lately. I guess since I've been so busy, I haven't had any time to actually go shopping at the malls or boutiques PHYSICALLY. So what's the next best thing? I can just resort to "clicking" my purchases, hahaha. It's so much easier! But the downside is that you always end up buying so much shit because it takes half the effort to "shop" when it's online.

I got this cute dress on amiclubwear.com! It's soo cute, isn't it? I want to get more "girly" dresses, so I will be forced to dress in something more than the usual summer attire of just tank tops and jean shorts. I don't know about you, but I'm so so sick of that look! Especially, since it only makes you look younger? Pair this baby with some sexy wedge heels and it'll make for the perfect outfit for a night out on the town with the hubby! :-)

I also got a pair of Patent Snake Platform Heels that I just received in the mail yesterday! Yay for getting packages! Haha, that's so sad....I'm so out of touch that it only takes a few packages in the mail to put a smile on my face. But oh my god, these heels are KILLER! I'm talking, these things are 4.5 inches tall! I must say that these will be the highest pair of heels that I've come to own. I was trying them on yesterday and it looked sooo GORGEOUS, but I was having some difficult trying to walk in them, hahaha. I think it would be fine to walk on carpet or some ground that has traction on it, but I'm not so sure how I would fare on slippery floor! Agggh, I almost want to return them but they just look so fierce and hot, I don't think I will. I'll take these out for a "test trial" and if it doesn't work, I guess it will just end up in my ever-growing collection of shoes. *sigh*


I also got this dress from Forever 21...at first when I saw it, I just remember thinking "Ugh, what the heck?!!" But the more I looked at it, I loved the particular structure of the dress. The design, ehh, not so much. So I went on to try it in the dressing room, and I just fell in love with it! Have you ever done that? Seen something that caught your attention, but not necessarily because it was the conventional type of piece of clothing? And then you tried it on, and just felt so great in it? Haha, well, this dress did that for me.

I'm just so excited! I bought so many more dresses that are coming in sometime this week. Uggh, I literally had to hide my credit cards! I haven't gone so far as to "freeze" them in ice yet (like from Confessions of a Shopaholic), but I have seriously pondered doing so. Funny story, though, I hid my cards about two weeks ago. I guess I must have been so good, that somehow I forgot that I had them hidden. So I was eating out with my friend, and all of a sudden when I was trying to pull out my card to pay I couldn't find it! So I started freaaaaking out!!! I called my boyfriend to see if it somehow had fallen out of my purse and was in his car or if it was in the house. Haha, he started getting worried too. But after 10 minutes of freaking out not only myself, but my boyfriend, and my friend...I remembered that it was in MY car! I just left it there so that it wasn't so accessible to me if I were in the mall. And knowing how lazy I am when it comes to physically walking, I know that if I kept it in my car then if there were some "true emergency" (and no, I couldn't justify my shopping as being in the emergency category any longer) then at least I could still have access to the card. BUT, it wouldn't be so accessible that I could just use it on a whim like I always do when I'm anywhere near a clothing or make-up store, hahaha. I don't konw, somehow, it just makes sense in my head!

Oh man, I'm sooo craving one of these.Yummmm! I gotta be careful though, stupid me somehow managed to get a ripped hole on the back of my butt yesterday. I think I might have gained a bit of weight. Damn, no lie when they said that your metabolism slows down once you hit past a certain age. :-( I am just going to keep milking it for all it's worth. I'm going to EAT, EAT, EAT until one day I wake up and touch my marshmallow tummy and wonder wtf happened! Lol

I hope everyone has the great rest of the weekend. Haha, only Sunday but hey...it's what you make of it, right? As for me, I have quite a bit of studying to finish up! Byyyyyyessss.


3 comments:

  1. girl you should have picked up those shoes!! all you need is a pedicure!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for checkin out my blog!! Yeah, the hubby is in the Air Force but he will be in Germany for another 3 years! Hopefully we will be back together way before that but right now we just want to make some moola and get ahead while we can.... :)

    ReplyDelete